Monday, June 9, 2014

Creating rain drops

Our assignment for the Clicker Camera Club this month:Create Realistic Raindrops -- watch demo at  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4J6prcTI14
4-5 flower or spring shots with "raindrops"

   This was a fun assignment:  of course I waited until the weekend before our meeting to finally take the pictures, I had to watch the video a couple of times, stop, take notes...to make sure I would be using the correct camera adjustments.  And guess what.. when I put my camera on closeups for macro pictures:  it adjusted all the settings.. all I had to do was concentrate on keeping the camera steady to take the pictures.. yippee...  oh and of course.. after I purchased my expensive 99 cent water bottle sprayer, add a little sugar to the water and spray away..    The only thing I didn't like about this affect was that  although the added sugar kept the water droplets longer on the flowers, it seemed like the water droplets were too uniform.. or something.. but I didn't experiment.. something I could do another time... I did enjoy the assignment..

This iris was in a nearby garden.. loved the deep purple

The picture above and the next picture were of flowers in the garden next to the church in downtown Laconia.. beautiful planiting by Ginger Kay Wells - Garden Artisans... The flowers are georgious!






The bottom 2 pictures are from my garden - one from a hanging fuschia which is going to a friends wedding..:)











No comments:

Post a Comment