Sunday, August 14, 2011

Kayaking on Squam Lake on August 14th. Saw some loons.

Kayaking this morning was beautiful on this quiet, flat, surface.  The morning was cloudy with periods of sun shining through.  These pictures were taken while I was sitting in my kayak on Squam Lake.
I love looking at the loons and listening to their unusual calls.  This adult loon was taking a little bath.

The following shots and this one, are of an adolescent loon that I saw while kayaking back towards where I put my kayak in the water.

It is amazing how close some of these Loons will let you get to them.
After awhile, this loon dove down into the water looking for lunch.
If you are having difficulty, enlargening this picture, I think it is because I cropped it before I posted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment