Thursday, July 3, 2014

Gardens, small vegetable and flower gardens

So here are some shots of my gardens...

First:  my vegetable garden.. 2 types of tomatoes, one of which are sweet hundreds, pumpkins, lettuce, pickles, yellow squash, white egg plant, swiss chard, spinach, red cabbage, green onions, and I think bok choy.

For herbs: parsley, cilantro, chives, basal, thyme, and rosemary.  the herbs are at the far end.  There is an unplanted  area at the opposite end that gets a bit of shade.  May try to plant some more lettuce or shade tolerant plants.

I have to say that I thought I could organize this garden so that the trailing veggies, like pumpkins, cucumbers and squash would wind along the edge or wind through the tomato plants.  As the tomato plants and other plants are growing.. there is not as much room as I had envisioned :)  So it will be interesting to see what happens..  Hopefully I can avoid having the trailing plants going through the grass.... hmmm wonder if I can add a platform... something to think about... :)



Gardens in the front of the house, on either side of the stepsl
left side

right side

Side of the house

Back yard gardens, mostly shade
looking from the right side of the back garden

Looking from left to right starting with this large hosta

Looking from all the way over from the left to right, you can see that large hosta







No comments:

Post a Comment