Thursday, March 15, 2012

Color, Shape and Texture

Day 74;  
    I happened to be in the area of the Laconia Mill this afternoon. I took these shots from the outdoor patio type area next to waterfalls from the dam.  This area always pulls me in with its lamp, tables and chairs, small gardens, brick footbridge over a dry bed, and of course the water.  You are very close to the water here.  As I was taking multiple shots of various subjects, I didn't realize that I had gotten this berry near the top, in focus with the light bouncing off the top.  I like the contrast with the metal.
   A great cloudy day for reflections - in the second picture.   From where I was standing at one point, I was looking at the water and saw reflections of the tree, the lamp that arched near the top, and part of the building and wheel workings of the mill in the corner.
   In the third picture, is the large twisted part of the vine contrasting with the straight metal.  There is another vine that is twisted around a metal trellis but have yet to come up with a shot that does it justice. These vines get so large.


Red Berry


Silhouette


Texture



1 comment: