Thursday, January 5, 2012

Breakast for Molly

Day 5;
      This picture was taken early this morning..... there is Molly licking her lips and looking intently, probably checking to see where Jasmine is, as she has breakfast.  Hmmm hmmmm good.  She and Jasmine almost never eat at the same time even though there are 2 bowls.  Jasmine usually gets to the dinner table first.  I put a festive napkin on the "table" for Christmas.. my real reason was to keep the food from dropping on the floor.
   
I'm still working on Bokeh with my point and shoot.... here are a couple of results from tonight. 



This time, I noticed a reflection of the Christmas tree in the window.. and thought I would see what I could do with that.  The amaryllis is the flower on the left.. I couldn't seem to get that in focus except for the top shot and still get good Bokeh?  The other two shots remind me of a painting.  I don't like that hole in the third right section..  If I have time, I may take another go at it to see if I can get rid of that hole.  Need to get some other things done.  But this has been fun trying to get this Bokeh affect.

2 comments:

  1. I am from the 'old school' photography where blurring was obtained from speed and depth of field settings, light, etc. I had to look up Bokeh and "Bokeh occurs for parts of the scene that lie outside the depth of field." was what I found in Wikipedia. The shots of tree and amaryllis are like paintings or abstract art, very pleasing, but not true Bokeh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct, not true Bokeh. From a tutorial, they said it was difficult to do the Bokeh affect with point and shoot. So have been trying to get effect other ways.. such as in these pictures- the reflection in the window. I couldn't figure out how to get the subject closer to the camera with the bokeh in the background as with point and shoots, bokeh effect comes with zooming in. Something for me to keep working on.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete