Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Bokeh

Day 3;
I can see now how posting a new and different picture each day could be a little overwhelming at times.  Just went back to work today after the holiday, have a lot to do, also going to my camera club meeting and then trying to take a new and interesting shot.  Its only day 3....  A friend sent me a link about Bokeh.. well let me tell you , I spent a bit of time last night trying to get it to work on my point and shoot bridge type camera.. finally got the Bokeh effect, but no subject in the foreground.  So today, am thinking I'd like to take a picture of a different amaryllis, as it is opening  up, pictures through the stages.  See this amaryllis was a gift to another friend, but this friend is away.. sooooo I thought I would take pictures of the amaryllis as it opened up.
  Well I didn't want to do the same picture as yesterday even without the cat. so I started moving the plant around and pretty soon I had it in front of a black and white pencil drawing.  And don't you know it is in the next room, opposite the christmas tree... and while setting up the shot, I see lights on the black and white picture.. looking Bokeh like.. well I realize this is cheating but I liked the effect.. so after a dozen or so pictures and some editing below is what I ended up with..still not quite what I was wanting but best I can do for now.




Below is the Bokeh shot that I finally got using my bridge camera last night.


2 comments:

  1. Complicated! Wow . . . you are really moving along technically. Challenging techniques with 2 different cameras . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of this in just 3 days. Really nice Bernice. Martha

    ReplyDelete