Sunday, January 8, 2012

Cats

Day 8;
Well I couldn't help myself.. cats it is again.  After reading comments, doing some more studying on photography online, I have tried some more close ups of my cats with the nikon.  I used either the close up auto scene or the portrait auto scene.  I also looked up about bokeh.  I thought bokeh had to have blurred lights in the background.  I guess  any blurring done on purpose is bokeh.  So I tried to take some cat close ups with blurred back ground.    I just got a video from a friend showing and explaining exactly what bokeh is.   http://youtu.be/uRJMisfK_-Q    If this video doesn't work, please let me know.
        My subject was too far away on some of my other cat shots, so no bokeh effect. 

Here is a bokeh type effect below.  I can see I should have gotten closer to the cat for this shot, but there is a little blurring.

Jasmine was sitting on the table in front of the TV.  No bokeh here as I took this shot as I was too far away.  However I liked the reflection that the flash caused on the TV.  Also liked the intent look on Jasmine's face. 


No comments:

Post a Comment