Monday, January 2, 2012

Day at the Beach

Day 1;
I have decided to participate in Project 360.  I took a bunch of pictures yesterday, on the first so am posting them as January 1, 2012.  I have decided that I need motivation to get me taking more pictures, to improve in my photography skills.  As always, I hesitate to do something unless I know the right way to do it, so didn't realize until today how Project 360 works.  He who hesitates is lost.. so I need to work on.. just do it...

I also may have started a new tradition for January first.  I drove up to  Kittery and York Beach, Maine.. an area where I went camping at Camp Eaton on Long Sands at York Beach for several summers.  I have wonderful memories of those times.  I was excited and happy to back to these old stomping grounds. 

While on my trek, the first place I stopped at a Kittery wharf, I saw a group of sea kayakers getting ready to start out on their adventure.  It was a beautiful sunny, warm day.  The kayaks were very colorful. Although these were sea kayaks, it was such a calm day, and the water was very calm, could I do this with my non sea kayak on a day like this.. I was almost wishing I had my kayak with me until I observed these kayakers in their wet suits and getting into kayaks where they sealed the openings up.  Could I do that and what if I tipped over, could roll out of it, did I want to learn to do that?  Something to think about. 

I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of my day and taking pictures with the Nikon that I borrowed.  I many times, end up talking myself out of going someplace because I might not have enough time, should have started out earlier, I'll do it another time.. I was very happy that I did not listen to these inner voices and just went.  I had plenty of time for my outing.  Magically I came across these kaykers.  At Long Beach, I came across a surfer, at Nubble light I came across some other photographers and discovered they were watching a snowy owl at the light house, and other rare birds in the water. Of these birds, my camera was not strong enough to get decent pictures. But it was a most enjoyable day.  I am indeed grateful for the opportunities and friendships that have surrounded me.





1 comment: