Saturday, January 7, 2012

Early Saturday Morning

Day 7;
I got up early and had decided that I was going to catch some pre-dawn and dawn pictures, using the Nikon DSLR.  I'm finally starting to understand some of its workings and getting used to it.  It makes my point and shoot... fluff.
It was a beautiful dawn and nice that it was not freezing or below zero.  Although after awhile my fingers were really getting cold.  I am thinking about purchasing some gloves or mittens where the covering at the ends of the fingers can come off the fingers and fold back or something along those lines.  If you have some suggestions, please pass them on.



 

4 comments:

  1. I like both of these--is the Blue Winter the bokah technique?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger, I did not try to use the bokeh affect on this shot. It was predawn. I noticed the snow on the dock and the branch in front and took some shots. I liked the small dangling leaf that I discovered when I got the shots on the computer and selected this one to publish. I liked the fading out in the background.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. The predawn shot of snow on dock and branch in front with dangling leaf is perfect!!! I assumed it was bokah technique with the leaf and branches being the focal point and the back ground fading. The one leaf is what makes it differant and worthwhile saving. Professionals take dozens and dozens of photographs and are lucky to have one worthy of framing and selling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The church steeple is a perfect composition, very nice to look at, but if you are looking for one to "knock someone's socks off" and perhaps sell, there are too many like it. The leaf on the branch is unusual.

    ReplyDelete